Master box 1:35 - German Motorcycle Repair Crew # 3560
The ‘Kradschützen Truppen’ or Motorcycle Troops were an important part of the German Army. Motorcyclists performed duties as couriers, members of anti-tank teams and rifle troops.
The kit depicts one of the repair teams working on servicing a motorcycle.
The box contains 4 figures, a BMW R75 motorcycle and sidecar combination, a table, a tire pump, decals and weapons.
Academy 1:35 - Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind (Replaces ACA01333) - Plastic Figure Model Kit #13236
The Flakpanzer IV "Wirbelwind" (Whirlwind in English) was a self-propelled anti-aircraft gun designed by the Germans on the basis of the Panzer IV tank. Its development was launched in 1944 when Nazi troops suffered great losses from Allied Air Forces.
The Flakpanzer IV featured an open-top turret fitted with four 2 cm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns. It was nicknamed "Keksdose" ("Biscuit Tin") because of the turret shape which reminded of a nine-sided polygon.
On the battlefield 2 cm shells turned out insufficient against aircraft, however in general the gun performed well against infantry troops as well as trucks and armoured cars. Later the Flakpanzer IV was replaced with the Flakpanzer IV Ostwind (East Wind), a version more powerful against air targets.
Academy 1:35 - Sturmgeschütz IV assault tank (Replaces ACA13235) - Plastic Figure Model Kit #13235
The Sturmgeschütz IV, shortened to StuG IV or Sd.Kfz.167, was a German assault gun designed on the basis of the Panzer IV in the last years of the Second World War. The main role of the StuG IV on the battlefield was the same anti-tank role of its predecessor the StuG III. The use of StuG IV guns was a considerable support to the weakening German forces on both fronts.
The StuG IV was practically identical to its predecessor, however it was a bit lighter, which in view of the limited resources was a great advantage. In the period between December 1943 and May 1945 over a thousand of StuG IVs were built. The gun was proved effective against both Soviet and Allied tanks.
Academy 1:35 - T-34 747(r) German Version - Plastic Model Kit #13502
Throughout WWII German troops managed to capture a number of Soviet tanks including the T-34, renamed as Panzerkampfwagen T-34 747(r) in German service and modified according to the requirements of the Wehrmacht. Equipped with radio and a German commander's cupola, T-34 747(r) tanks were also marked with a Balkenkreuz or a swastika in order to differentiate them from Soviet T-34's.
Academy 1:35 - German Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer (Early production version) - Plastic model kit #13278
The Jagdpanzer 38 (Sd.Kfz. 138/2), later known as the Hetzer ("pursuer/hunter"), was a German light tank destroyer, based on a modified Czechoslovakian Panzer 38(t) chassis, inspired by the Romanian "Mareşal" tank destroyer.
The Jagdpanzer 38 was a common late-war German tank destroyer. It was produced in relatively large numbers and was for the most part mechanically reliable. The tank first entered service in July 1944. Armed with the 7.5cm PaK 39 L48 main gun with limited traverse and featured sloped armour on its very low profile. An MG34 was mounted to the vehicle roof. It was well liked by crews, fairly reliable and concealable. Drawbacks were that it was very cramped inside the tank, had limited ammo and very thin armour. It was first used in the field in July of 1944 and would go on to serve on both fronts. Approximately 2,800 were built. The name Hetzer was unofficial and used by German troops in the field, then adopted by post war publications.
Due to the large number produced, the Jagdpanzer 38 is probably the most abundant WWII German tank destroyer remaining today.
If you need a preview or replacement PDF copy of the instructions manual for this kit please contact us.