Academy 1:35 - T-34/76 No. 183 Factory Production - Plastic Model Kit #13505
The Soviet medium tank T-34 was the most produced tank of WWII that replaced many light and medium tanks in service with the Red Army. The initial version of the T-34 was equipped with a powerful 76.2 mm gun, and is often called the T-34/76.
Most of these tanks were produced at Factory No.183 which in September 1941 was evacuated from its original location in Kharkiv to Nizhniy Tagil when it became clear that Kharkiv was in danger of falling to the Germans. Factory No.183 in Nizhniy Tagil (Uralskiy Tankovyj Zavod, Ural Tank Factory) produced just over 15 thousand of the T-34/76 tanks. By the end of WWII, T-34's comprised at least 55% of the Soviet tank production. In the beginning of the war this figure was 4%.
When Germany launched the invasion of the Soviet Union, the T-34 was superior to any German tank and destroying T-34's in combat proved to be very difficult. However, the Red Army had still lost large numbers of these new tanks in 1941 due to the tactical and operational skills of the Germans as well as mechanical breakdowns which accounted for at least 50% of Soviet tank losses at the time. In the following years the T-34 saw a number of improvements while Germany continued to develop anti-tank guns capable of penetrating the T-34's armour. By 1943, the 76.2 mm gun was unable to penetrate the armour of the new German tanks and the Soviet Union began the production of the improved version of the T-34, the T-34/85.
Markings are provided for five options:
T-34/76, Unidentified Unit, Prokhorovka, July 1943
T-34/76, 264th Armoured Brigade, Ukraine, December 1943
T-34/76, Unidentified Unit, Kursk, July 1943
OT-34/76, Unidentified Unit, Pskov, Recovered in 2006
OT-34/76, Unidentified Unit, Unknown Area
Tank dimensions: Height 73 mm, Length 193 mm
Box size: 403 x 264 x 68 mm
Download the instruction manual here.
Academy 1:35 - M3 Stuart "Honey" British version (Replaces ACA01399) - Plastic Model Kit #13270
The M3 Stuart was an American light tank that had been delivered to British forces by the US Government during WWII, before the Americans officially entered the war. Subsequently it was deployed by the Allies until the capitulation of Germany.
"Stuart" was a nickname given in reference to James Stuart, an American Confederate States Army general of the Civil War. When a British tankman saw the tank for the first time, he remarked "She's a honey". That name stuck and in British service the M3 was often referred to as "Honey".
Compared to the previous Light Tank M2, the Stuart had an improved suspension, better gun recoil mechanism and thicker armour, unusual for a light tank. The vehicle was armed with a 37mm M5 gun (which was later replaced with a longer M6 version) and a several Browning machine guns. The tank production lasted from 1941 to 1943.
In 1941 the British army had 700 Stuart tanks in service, 170 of which were deployed in Operation Crusader in North Africa. Though Stuarts surpassed most of the Axis tanks in many respects, the operation was unsuccessful due to the poor tactics of British troops.
In the following years the British usually avoided using Stuarts in tank-to tank fights, deploying them mostly in reconnaissance operations. In some cases the turret was removed for the sake of lighter weight and better mobility (such versions were known as "Stuart Recce"), some other units were transformed to either armoured personnel carriers ("Stuart Kangaroo") or command vehicles ("Stuart Command"). The M3 served with the British army till the end of the war, though in smaller numbers than those used by the Americans.
Academy 1:35 - M36/M36B2 US Army "Battle of the Bulge" - Plastic Figure Model Kit #13501
The American tank destroyer M36 was designed in 1943 when the US Army needed a powerful vehicle to combat German Panther and Tiger tanks. This new tank was nicknamed "Jackson" in reference to the Confederate General of the Civil War, Stonewall Jackson. The M36's turret mounted the 90 mm gun M3 allowing the tank to nail down any known German tanks at 1000 to 2500m range depending on the armour thickness. However, due to its open-top turret the tank was vulnerable to shell fragments and snipers. Field modifications, particularly additional roof iron plating, were hastily performed by the crews. Later on folding panels were developed for protection against shell fragments, these were adopted by the M36B2.
- Can be built as M36 or M36B2
- 90mm main gun
- .50 caliber machine gun
- Over 600 plastic parts
- Photo-etched parts included
- Detailed driver's station
- Detailed hull interior with crew and ammo stowage
- Detailed turret interior including stowage and gun breech
The following markings are provided:
- M36, US Army 82nd Airborne Div, Belgium, 1944
- M36, US Army 703rd TD, Belgium, 1944
- M36, US Army 2nd Cavalry, Germany 1945
- M36B2, ROK Army, 53rd Tank Company, 1953
- M36B2, France Régiment Blindé Colonial d'Extrême-Orient, Tonkin, 1951
- M36B2, France Régiment Blindé Colonial d'Extrême-Orient, Tonkin, 1953
Download the manual here
Academy 1:35 - M4A3 76mm US Army "Battle of the Bulge" - Plastic Figure Model Kit #13500
The Medium Tank M4 Sherman was commonly used by the United States and other Western Allies during WWII. The tank was produced in large numbers, with thousands distributed through the Lend-Lease program to the British Commonwealth and Soviet Union. The British called the M4 'Sherman' after the American Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman.
During the Second World War, about 19,247 Sherman tanks were issued to the US Army and about 1,114 to the US Marine Corps. Moreover, the U.S. supplied 17,184 tanks to Great Britain, some of which went to the Canadians and the Free Poles. The Soviet Union received 4,102 vehicles and an estimated 812 were transferred to China. These tanks were distributed to the respective countries' allied nations.
The M4A3 was a sub-type of the Sherman tank. It featured a welded hull and was powered by a Ford GAA engine. Its armament consisted of a 76mm cannon and a 12.7mm machine gun. This variant was mainly deployed by the US Army with only a few units sent to France and Nicaragua. A number of these tanks took part at the Battle of Bulge in December 1944.
Check out a step by step video of building this kit here
Download the manual here
- Engine deck, VVSS suspention (late version) and accessories newly tooled
- Main canon and 12.7mm machine gun accurately reproduced
- T48 duckbill tracks included
- Photo-etched parts and 6 marking options included
Academy 1:35 - M7 105mm SPG Priest - Plastic Model Kit #13210
The M7 Priest, a 105 mm Howitzer Motor Carriage was an American self-propelled artillery vehicle used during World War II by US, British and French forces. It was named Priest by the British Army because of the pulpit-style machine gun ring, and following on in theme from the Bishop and the contemporary Deacon self-propelled guns.
Download the manual here
- 318 parts (316 in olive green coloured styrene, 2 in steel coloured vinyl)
- Photo-etched parts and 4 marking options included
- 2nd Armored Division, US Army, Sicily, July 1943
- Battery B, 14th AFAB, 2nd Armoured Division, US Army, Nomandy, July 1944
- 11th Regt, Royal Horse Artillery, 1st Armoured Division, El Alamein, 1942
- 31st Firing Battery, 64 RADB, 2nd Armoured Division, French Army, France, Sept 1944